Marcos is essential in the diet and helps to lose weight and gain weight. Besides, it helps the person to work effectively. This article will tell you what macros are? And what are the benefits of using a macro calculator?
What are macros?
Macro is short for micronutrients. Macros are divided into three categories of nutrients which humans eat the most and these nutrients provide the most energy for your body.
Macronutrients are the calories from the food you eat and break them down into three major nutrient groups.
These three macronutrients are:
So, when someone says they are on a macro diet, it means they are taking protein, fat, and carbohydrates in counted portions.
These three are the most important nutrients in a diet to maintain health and daily body function.
Each macronutrient is pivotal for the human body’s survival. Getting macronutrients in the right balance is very essential to keep functioning the body.
Why counting macros?
Micronutrient helps the person to stay healthy and fit. It helps the human body to perform better.
Taking the calculated amount of Macronutrients helps the body in losing weight, gaining weight, and marinating the current weight.
For example, if a person whose daily intake of calories is 2000? If he wants to lose weight, then he has to eat less than this amount.
Approx. 400 to 500 less than 2000 calories per day. This amount range is called deficit calories.
If the person wants to increase his body weight, then he has to eat more than the actual calories he’s consuming. Approx. 300-500.
If he wants to maintain his current weight then all he has to do is simply eat in his bodyweight categories.
What are the benefits to track macros?
- Keeping track of macronutrient food can really increase the speed
of weight ginning, losing, and maintaining procedure. It will allow you to eat in the right manner.
- Consuming the right amount of fat, carb, and protein are essential for the body to perform daily tasks.
- These three nutrients work as fuel in your body. By tracking macros, you will know how much amount of nutrients you have taken today and what is remaining.
- If you don’t track them, you will never be sure about the food you eat will meet your body’s nutrients requirements or not.
- Tracking your macros and eating according to macros have several benefits on your body which are:
- It prevents a health condition: eating high carb diets helps to protect the body against cardiovascular and diabetes conditions.
- Helps the body to stay fit and achieve a fitness goal: counting macros helps the person to eat according to the number of nutrients which helps him to reach the desired goal.
- Helps to lose weight faster.
- Provides flexibility in the diet.
- Helps the person planning a better diet according to his body.
- No signs of tiredness if a person is following the macro diet.
Methods to calculate macros
Calculation of macros base on phenomena of BMR. BMR stands for basal metabolic ratio.
BMR is defined as the minimum amount of calories required by your body to perform the basic functions of organs.
The basal metabolic ratio is the number of calories your body needs to burn either your body working or not.
If you are on a weight loss diet, then you have to eat according to your BMR. If you eat less than your BMR calories, your body will collapse sooner and you will feel dizziness and severe headache.
Calculations of macros are different for men and women. Both person’s abilities to do tasks are different. Both have different structures and calculating macros vary body to body.
To calculate macros, one must need to calculate its BMR. a person can find his/her BMR by calculating macros.
There are two methods to calculate macros:
- Manual way to calculate macros
- Using macro calculator
What is a macro calculator?
The chances of making an error during calculating macros manually are very high and prominent.
So to reduce the risk and to have more accuracy, a macro calculator can be used. There are several free tools available to calculate macros with high accuracy results.
Benefits of using a macro calculator
- As compared to manual calculating the Marcos which gets complex, a macro calculator is very easy to use.
- Manually, you have to remember formulas and percentages of the nutrients plus your daily routine work. In macro calculator all you have to do is simply fill out the information and questions asked by the calculator which are:
Your age, gender, body weight, your goal for fitness( losing, gaining, or maintaining weight), height, meals per day, body fats, and activity level
All you have to fill these questions and then click on the calculate button. Macro calculator. It will calculate your macros in no time.
- Time-saving as compare to the manual way.
- Fewer chances of error.
- Free to use and easily available.
- Easy to keep track of macros.
- Provides more accuracy as compared to the manual way.
Macros are necessary nutrients, which provide energy to the body and keep us healthy.
A person can calculate macronutrients by calculating his BMR and calories.
Take fats, proteins, and carbohydrates in a given amount.
Taking nutrients in a given percentage amount will help you in achieving and maintaining your goal, body weight and treat medical conditions.
You can track your macros by using a macro calculator which is easy to use and provide results in few secs as compare to use complex and time taking manual methods.