Some people are lucky enough to be born with perfect skin. Other people have to work hard to have beautiful skin. Either way, the best way to get great looking skin is to follow the best skin care routine for your skin type. If you are wondering how to get perfect skin, the following tips may be helpful to you.
Instead of wishing you knew how to get smooth skin, apply the skin care techniques below to achieve results that will leave you looking and feeling like a million bucks. A few simple changes in your skin care regimen can make a big difference in the overall appearance of your skin.
Tip 1: The Importance of Double Cleaning Your Face
Double cleansing your face does not mean that you wash it twice the number of times. Double cleaning your face is when you use two entirely different cleansers to clean your face as part of your skin care regimen. Using two types of cleanser on your face can allow you to remove twice as many impurities that lead to blemishes on your face.
The process of double cleansing does not have to be extensive or time consuming. You simply need to follow through with the basic instructions of each type of skin cleanser. Avoid using cleansers that contain high levels of alcohol.
Double cleaning your skin has the potential to provide you with a long list of benefits. Just like you are supposed to wash your face twice a day, you should go through the double cleaning process twice a day as well.
The following skin care products are suggested for double cleansing your face:
Organys Cleansing Oil & Makeup Remover Face Wash
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser | 16 Fl Oz | Daily Face Wash for Oily Skin | Fragrance Free
Tip 2: Understanding the Function Differences of Water, Lotion, and Toner
- Water – The basic function of water is to cleanse and hydrate the skin. Water can be used on the skin as often as needed because it will not damage the skin.
- Lotion – The basic function of lotion is to moisturize the skin. Lotion is mean to make the skin feel supple, soft, and smooth. It has the power to help relieve sensitive, dry skin that itches. Lotion is meant to be used on a regular basis, but overuse of lotion can cause skin to feel oily. Using too much lotion can clog the pores on your face, which can lead to blemishes and blackheads.
- Facial Toner – While facial toner may have the appearance of water, it has the power to repair, replenish, and revitalize your skin with antioxidants, special acids, and anti-inflammatory ingredients. Facial toner is often skipped over and thought of as unimportant, but that is a big mistake. Unlike lotions that hydrate your skin, facial toners detoxifies your skin while balancing out the PH levels of your skin. Facial toner also can reduce the appearance of your pores, and it can reduce acne.
While water, lotion, and toner are all good for your skin and should be included in every skin care regimen, it is important to understand the key differences and basic functions of these products.
Consider the following products to achieve best results:
Toner: Humane Clarifying Toner BHA Salicylic Acid 2% Pore Minimizer & Facial Exfoliant, 4 Ounce
Face Lotion: Alba Botanica Acnedote Maximum Strength Oil Control Lotion
Tip 3: Accurate Order of Applying Skin Care Products
You may not think so, but the order you apply your skin care products makes a big difference in how effective they are. When applying your different products, follow these steps to reap the most amount of benefits.
- Toner – Apply toner before you apply any other products to your face. Facial toner can help prepare the skin to receive moisturizer and lotion.
>>> 20 Best Toner for Combination Skin
- Treatment Products – Once you have applied toner, you can move on to applying treatment products to improve the quality of your skin.
- Serum – It is important to apply serum after you have finished with your preferred treatment products.
>>> Editors’ Picks: 9 Best Anti-Aging Serum
- Moisturizer and Eye Cream – The application of eye cream and moisturizer should come after the application of serum.
>>> 10 best Moisturizer for Combination Skin
>>> 10 Best Eye Cream for Dark Circles
- Face Oil – Face oil should be the last step of your skin care application process.
>>> The Ultimate Guide for Rosehip Oil |Benefits & Best Products
Consider the following product information when looking for a quality serum:
Serum : Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum with Konjac Root, Hyaluronic Acid, and Ferulic Acid
Read More: How to Build the Best Skin Care Routine
Tip 4: The Importance of Supplements
The importance of adding supplements to your routine cannot be stressed enough, especially if you want to improve the quality of your skin. Choosing to add a daily dose of probiotics, Vitamin E, and Vitamin G to your routine can provide your skin with a long list of benefits.
Consider this product:
Vitafusion Women’s Gummy Vitamins
Tip 5: Saying Goodbye to Peeling Skin on Your Face
Having peeling skin your face can be embarrassing and uncomfortable. Plus, the peeling skin can affect your self confidence. You can address the issue with a quality exfoliator. An exfoliator will remove dead and peeling skin so that your face always looks fresh.
Consider this product:
ELEMIS Papaya Enzyme Peel – Enzymatic Cream Exfoliator
Tip 6: Face Massage
A quality face massager can make a big difference in the beautification of your skin. An effective facial massage can do more than relax you. Investing in a face massager could end up being one of the best decisions you make for your skin and beauty regimen.
Consider the following products:
2-IN-1 Beauty Bar 24k Golden Pulse Facial Face Massager
Original Jade Roller for Face and Gua Sha Set – Rose Quartz Roller
Tip 7: Applying Facial Masks
Facial masks are a great addition to any skin care routine, but different facial masks do different things, depending on your skin type. People with oily skin will want to avoid moisturizing facial masks. When choosing a facial mask, consider what type of results you want to achieve and what type of skin you have.
Read More: 10 Best Korean Face Masks
Tip 8: Healthy Eating
Choosing healthier options in your daily life can allow you to enjoy healthier and more attractive skin. Avoid eating foods that are high in sugar and fat. Opt to eat foods that contain amino acids and antioxidants because they can be helpful to improve the quality of your skin. A healthy body will produce health skin. So, in other words, you should put good things into your body if you want good skin.